Grandparent Custody Rights Lawyer Family Law | CNRWA Law Everett WA

Contact Us For Skilled Advice 425-259-6111

Grandparents Rights, Custody And Visitation In Washington State

During a prolonged and emotionally challenging divorce, it is not uncommon for close relatives to become concerned about the safety and security of the children. Grandparents, aunts, uncles, brothers and sisters can work with a skilled attorney to develop a strategy regarding third-party custody actions. Do not hesitate to schedule a consultation with a lawyer at Cogdill Nichols Rein Wartelle Andrews to learn more about your rights and the options available to you.

Protecting The Children You Love

Third-party custody proceedings can be challenging for all parties. It is important to remember, however, that we are ultimately fighting for the child's best interests. If the parents are abusive, habitual drug users, alcoholics or routinely put the child in dangerous situations, the court will recognize that the safety of the child is paramount. In other words, if the parents are not suitably fit, the court will seek to place the children in a safe environment where they can grow and develop.

What Are My Rights As A Grandparent?

Unfortunately, grandparents have no custody or visitation rights over grandchildren. That being said, while the laws driving the legislation of family law matters constantly evolve, judges currently have reason to officially recognize the importance of the grandparent-grandchild relationship. We can fight on your behalf to show that this relationship has existed over the years, but ultimately, you should explore the option of third-party custody.

Contact Our Firm To Learn More

Our Everett grandparents' rights attorneys can answer your questions in a confidential consultation. We maintain offices in Everett, but we regularly help clients from all over Washington in communities such as Marysville, Mill Creek and Snohomish.

If you would like to speak with a member of our law firm about divorce, adoption, custody or another family law matter, or have any other questions about our practice, please contact our office.